Sunday, April 28, 2019

2019 TINY BOOKS DIARY by EILEEN R. TABIOS


This year (2019), I decided to catalogue and expand my Tiny Books collection. So I thought I'd keep a diary about the process!  Now and then, I'll post a choice snippet. Yes, it must be choice to be posted :)

The book itself is sized 4" x 4" and is a blank journal acquired many years ago from the Fernando Botero Museum in Bogota, Colombia, or more formally Donation Botero: Collection Banco De La Republica. As you see, the cover image is quite apt--a lady reading a book. It's Botero's painting "Mujer leyendo" (Woman reading).



Enjoy these excerpts from my ongoing entries!

March 15-16: Miniaturbuchverlag Leipzig in der Wartelsteiner GmbH! I went ga-ga over these minis by a German publisher. So I ordered! Each book has its own slipcase! Every item is so gorgeous I had to be disciplined about only buying books I'd want in my library -- as in books I'd still want to read. So, for Shakespeare, for example, I got As you Like It, Macbeth, Much Ado Over Nothing, King Lear, and Hamlet. But I passed on Henry VIII. Also passed on Henry James' The Turn of the Screw. No need to re-read those (laugh).

April 12, 2019: Have finished curatorial set-up for a Tiny Book exhibition! Entitled "Maliit Na Mga Libro" (Tagalog for "small books") at North Fork Arts Projects. It'll show tiny books by Ivy Alvarez, Paolo Javier, Ulysses Duterte, Matt Manalo, Sean Labrador y Manzano and E.R. Tabios. If she can send her book from Thailand on time, also Eunice Barbara C. Novio.

April 13, 2019: I couldn't help it--today I ordered a Tiny Book ("dollhouse"-sized) for The Joy of Sex because I thought that hilarious. It's illustrated...



****

More information about Botero's "Mujer leyendo" is available HERE.


The Diary's back cover features another painting, Botero's "La Carta":


More information about Botero's "La Carta" is available HERE.


*




No comments:

Post a Comment