Tuesday, April 30, 2019

DUSIE WEE-CHAPS by EILEEN R. TABIOS & ELIZABETH TREADWELL

Dusie is one of the most enchanting indie presses about--you can read about it on Wikipedia and/or their website. In 2006, they did a series of "wee chaps" through which I was able to participate with IT'S CURTAINS, a long poem I made in collaboration with one of David Baptiste-Chirot's text (I obtained David's permission beforehand). I have five copies of these wee chaps, each of which is designed and put together differently by Dusie publisher Susana Gardner. As the first photo shows, not all of the Dusie wee chaps fit the definition of "miniature book"; fortunately, mine do as they're sized in the range of 2" x 2" to 2.75" x 3".  From this wee chap series, Elizabeth Treadwell's sparkly-blue covered THE GRACES also fit within the miniature book size constraint. I am happy to include these in my Tiny Book Library.
--Eileen Tabios







*

Elizabeth Treadwell's Wee-Chap:










No comments:

Post a Comment