Thursday, August 13, 2020

WHERE I WRITE by LORI DESROSIERS

Where I Write

By Lori Desrosiers
(Meritage Press' Minitage Editions, 2020)
Size: 1.56" x 1.56"


Meritage Press' Minitage Editions is delighted to share Where I Write, a poetry book with drawn illustrations by Lori Desrosiers! We feature the poem below along with some pages from the book:





Where I Write

I.
Today
I typed
for a long time.
When I looked
up a moment,
I was lost.

II.

When
I lose myself
in my poems

Sometimes
I’m no longer
in this world.
And I have to
embody myself
again.



III.
If
you think
I’m giving up

poetry,
you’re
wrong.





IV.
The room
where I write
has a stove,
a yellow rug,
a chaise lounge,
and five cats
who
walk in
and out.





~~

Lori Desrosiers’ poetry books are The Philosopher’s DaughterSometimes I Hear the Clock Speak and Keeping Planes in the Air, from Salmon Poetry. Two chapbooks, Inner Sky and typing with e.e. cummings, from Glass Lyre Press. She edits two literary journals: Naugatuck River Review and Wordpeace.co. http://loridesrosierspoetry.com


~~


We thank Lori Desrosier for her gift to The Miniature Book Library!





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this book; It's delightful & fun to read.

    ReplyDelete